Sentek provides soil moisture sensors and solutions for precision measurement and management of soil water and salinity dynamics. Used in a diverse range of applications, Sentek products have gained international credibility, through published peer review, among research agencies and commercial enterprises. We offer two of the Sentek soil monitoring solutions. Check out the Diviner 2000 and the Drill & Drop measuring sensors shown below.
The Drill & Drop sensor is a fully encapsulated soil measurement probe. Due to the ease of install and protected electronics, the Drill & Drop is ideally suited to situations where a monitoring probe may need to be moved between sites in short-term and annual crops. Having the electronics completely encapsulated and able to be completely buried also makes the probe suited to long-term installations.
The direct installation method means that the probe is measuring ‘real’ representative soil conditions immediately after install, because the surrounding soil has not been disturbed.
- Four probe length options – 12″ (SDI-12 only), 24”, 36″ and 48”
- Option to measure soil moisture + temperature or soil moisture + temperature + salinity at 4″ intervals
- Quick and easy undisturbed installation due to tapered shape
- Measures the true soil profile, not slurry
- Stable potting material
- Able to be buried to any depth
- Sentek-proven quality soil moisture and salinity measurements
- Sentek-designed and owned integrated chip technology
- Soil temperature resolution 0.3%
- Pre-normalised sensors with in-built default calibration equation